Wednesday 29 March 2017

I Am Back, With A PoGo Story

After a l-o-n-g hiatus, I am back.

I have been preoccupied with playing Pokemon Go, if you are wondering.

I realised that most of the last posts were about my PoGo experiences and I didn't want to turn my blog into a PoGo blog!

However, playing PoGo has been an interesting journey and it has shown me my dark side in a few instances.

One of the most unforgettable experiences was the time when a 97IV Chansey spawned in a power plant.

Many of us reached there just to realise that Chansey had spawned far too in and most of us could not get Chansey on our phone screen. However, none of us was willing to leave without getting her as that was the highest-IV ever in the whole history of Singapore PoGo then.

Then something happened. One of the ladies was swinging her arm upwards as she spoke when Chansey appeared on her screen!

Everybody started swinging his arm like crazy! One of my friends got it too! And the rest of us swung our arms even more frantically!

The lady who caught Chansey first stood a few feet away from us and remarked,"If the monkeys at Upper Thomson see us, they will laugh at us!"

It really was a silly sight!

Then someone managed to play with the WiFi and got Chansey on his screen!

Everybody started crowding around him and asked him how to do it. Then subsequently, people simply pushed their handphones to him and asked him to do it for them!

Seeing that I had no hope of getting any help, I continued to stick myself to the fence and tried to get close to Chansey who was spawning within.

Then suddenly, a guy came over and told my friend and me,"Eh, I got it already." When quizzed how he did it, he said he went in through an unlocked gate and came out from it!

The gate had always been there but everybody had assumed that it must have been locked.

Someone had tried his luck and realised that the gate was unlocked!

Everybody started streaming in quietly and caught Chansey on the quiet.

I had reached the place with 16 minutes to spare but by the time I sneaked into the premise, I was left with 4 minutes!

After Chansey despawned, we left the place and latched the gate.

Then another friend who had gone by the front gate released her exasperation on a group chat, saying that a forklift guy stopped her and 3 other trainers from entering the premise while a group of trainers had been allowed inside.

It suddenly dawned on me that I had trespassed a private property!

The law-abiding me trespassed a property for a Pokemon! Under normal circumstances, I would never have done so, but I had broken the law even without myself realising it!

However, this experience remains one of the most unforgettable in my PoGo journey. Just about unrivaled.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back.

Your silent reader :-)