Friday 7 October 2016

Going Electric

Electric toothbrush is not anything new under the sun, much less Singapore, but before I bought my first electric toothbrush, I had always been intrigued by it: Is it as good as the ad claims? So I won't have decayed tooth anymore after using this magic toothbrush?

However, my first experience with an electric toothbrush was a disappointing one, apart from the initial 'I feel rich' euphoria when your hand remains stationary while the vibrating brush does its job.

Firstly, the size was bulky and it was clumsy to hold.

Secondly, it hid grime and dirt from my teeth in the gap of the 'head'. I didn't realise it until I removed the head to change it. I was thoroughly disgusted and swore off electric toothbrushes, never mind that I had bought extra replacement brushes.

Recently, a friend recommended this toothbrush to me.
 
$19.90 from Giant Supermart

According to my friend, her friend who uses it claims to have less plague on her teeth.

I had enquired about this toothbrush at a smaller neighbourhood Giant to no avail. I managed to find it at a bigger Giant on my way back from catching Snorlax. See? Pokemon Go helps me to find a good alternative shop to buy this product to save me a trip to the other end of the island for a tiny toothbrush!

What is fascinating to me is how electric toothbrush has come a long way in size reduction - from the bulky dinosaur size to the 'normal' size we are used to.

Another great improvement is that it doesn't scream 'I am an electric toothbrush!'

It looks normal, with a small brush head and a small-grip handle.

For girls or ladies, it comes in a lovely pink too!
There is also a green version for boys or men.

To differentiate mine from the girls, I bought the green one for my own use.

I tried it and I love it big time!

Simple to use with just two 'on' and 'off' buttons, the brush head vibrates as I brush my teeth. Instead of just having the bristles making contact with my teeth as many times as I brush them, which is at most 10 to 20 times, the vibrating brush head helps to brush them at least 30 times or even more. 

It has been quite fun brushing my teeth too! 

After brushing, I would look at my teeth in the mirror to 'feel' the lessening of the plague, my imagination for all I know, but it gives me the 'feel good' factor.

I think I will stick with this toothbrush for quite some time.

No comments: