Sunday 11 September 2016

A Waterfront Experience

I made a trip down to Woodlands Waterfront today by bus to see if I could catch a Lapras and/or Dratini.

Almost on a daily basis, I have seen Lapras and Dratini appearing on this northern end of Singapore on the virtual map so I went with the hope that I could get lucky today.

I was nastily surprised that it was awfully crowded!
 
The carpark was fully occupied. It was so bad that cars parked illegally at the side of the road as can be seen on the left side of the picture!
My parents live near there and I have been there once or twice. While the playground has always been occupied by frolicking children, Baby and Coco did not have a problem waiting their turns to play on the swing or climbing structures, but I would not have asked Baby to play at the playground today! I even spotted foreign workers playing with the playground equipment meant for children!
At one point, I saw the crowd moving towards the jetty.

I briefly stopped a girl pushing her bike and asked what the crowd was going for and she replied she didn't know. Apparently, she was just taking a walk there, with her Pokemon Go app turned on.
 
As I neared the restaurant on the jetty, a Dratini appeared on the sightings window and it was then clear to me that people were going for this beauty!
 
Now I understand why some Pokemons look like they are in or on the water on the virtual map. I am walking on water too!

In less than an hour, I caught a Dratini and a few other Pokemons. It was not a wasted trip after all. Besides, shortly after, I caught another Lickitung and Squirtle near my parents' place when my sister picked me up in her car.

We met up with William and the girls to have dinner at Causeway Point Mall not knowing that a pleasant surprise awaited us half an hour after our meal.
 
My sister caught her first Snorlax. She lamented at the super-low CP of the rare Pokemon but I laughed and told her she had the privilege of telling others that her Snorlax was indeed a rare one as it only had a CP of 40!

No comments: