Monday 27 June 2016

A Fat Resolve

 
When I was pregnant with Coco at my peak, I was only a 47.8kg.

Now I am not even pregnant and I see this number on the scale. In fact, this was probably one of the numbers I saw at the peak of my second pregnancy.

After seeing how a few of my friends on Facebook who did not mention anything about weight loss shedding their fats remarkably, and looking amazing, I decided to do what everyone advocates: exercise.

I can't jog or run. Okay, I hate running. It is horribly boring and monotonous, and exhausting. 

So I chose to play badminton with the girls.

Booked a court at the Community Club. Played for an hour on Day One.

Played for another hour on Day Two.

Perspired like crazy.

The next day when I weighed in - OMG! I gained one kg!

Within the next two days, I fell ill with a cold.

And then I continued to carry that extra kg I had gained for the next two weeks.

Until I skipped my dinner the day before yesterday.

I finally saw a '48'. Never mind that it is closer to '49'.

What my sister-in-law remarked also had some impact on me,"You have been saying you want to lose weight from the beginning of the year, and the end of the year is coming (and you are still the same, or worse, have gained weight)!"

We often wait for William to finish his work before we go for dinner, which translates to very late dinners or suppers, at even 10pm or 11pm.

After that, we go home and slump our calorie-filled and loaded bodies on the wonderful bed, and allow the fats to settle and become permanent residents or even citizens in our sad bodies.

It's a wonder why my weight doesn't come down! But it's also a wonder why the girls continue to maintain their waif frame while their parents look like they have sucked the girls' nutrition and fats out of them, and stick them to their bodies.

Other reasons that I believe contribute to my weight gain:

1) Roomba's and Braava's coming into being, thus relieving me of the labour-intensive chores
2) My hyperthyroidism medication that slows my metabolism rate

Yesterday, we watched 'Independence Day: Resurgence'. A scientist said,"What goes up must come down."

I have resolved to make my weight come down. Just you watch.

No comments: