Thursday 3 September 2015

An Ordinary Fare at Rose Veranda

I have heard about Rose Veranda. However, the reviews were usually not fantastic. A close friend had been there two years ago and her review was 'very lousy', so I had never contemplated going there.

However, I had read about good things about Rose Veranda lately so I decided to give it a chance. I booked a table for three on a Saturday for a High Tea Buffet as our brunch.

The seating area

You could request for a window seat but new as I was to Rose Veranda, I ended up with a table just an aisle across the buffet spread.

We were seated and served some juice that we could not identify.

The spread: assortment of sandwiches, fruits and staples
More sandwiches
Puffs and samosas
Breads to go with mushroom soup

What we picked 

Fried rice and dim sum 
The mushroom soup that wasn't fantastic 
We were excited to go to the sweets table 
Our picks: lip chocolate, raisin scone with clotted cream, strawberry shortcake and a pear dessert that I could not recall what it was 
Assortment of cakes 

Heart-shaped macarons 
Raspberry sorbet and mango sorbet 
Nonya kuehs 
Chocolate chocolates
Durian cakes 
Cream puffs with pear desserts 
More chocolates
 
Like how many bloggers like to describe the teas they have gone to, I would say this is an "unremarkable" tea.

My friend's review is still true. Very lousy. If anybody says this is good, I can only say the person has never been to a decent buffet. It is probably better than the awful, I-swear-I-will-never-go-back-to Sakura buffet.

I will not go back again unless there is a change in the menu. The food was ordinary, the taste mediocre. Edible for sure, but it was at best an ordinary buffet with no surprise.

Price: $48++ per adult; $25++ per child.

No comments: