Sunday 6 September 2015

Ahoy! It's The Landing Point at The Fullerton Bay Hotel


The Landing Point should get "The Most Thoughtless Place" award.
A full metal-body tea pot! 
I scalded myself once and my elder sister scalded herself once, just because we touched it accidentally. Ouch!

Scones were hard and dry.

The three-tier rack was brought to our tiny table.

We were given a two-seater by the floor-to-ceiling glass windows on the left. 
I do believe the ambience could be dramatically improved if we had secured the better seats on the right.

First tier: cucumber sandwich, salmon sandwich, bagel with content that I have forgotten, brie on cracker, smoked salmon quiche

Second tier: canele, chocolate cup cake, chocolate tart, kueh lapis, chocolate eclair, fruit cake, lemon tart, creme brulee

Bottom tier: egg sandwich, (should be) duck confit burger, duck rillete crepe, Boston lobster coronet 

The savouries and sweets are replenishable but how much could we replenish? 

My elder sister was pleased with the afternoon tea. 

She felt that it was 'worth it' at $45++ per person since it was replenishable and the items were okay-tasting.

I thought the food was just average.
Weeks of afternoon tea have rounded my face!
This was our favourite. The amount of lobster was meagre though.
I believe I had at least 6 of it. 
Towards the end of the tea, it got spicier and saltier. 
My sister suspected there was demand for it and the chef prepared it in a hurry.
Other repeats
As we made our way to the exit of the hotel, The Fullerton Bay, we came across this beautiful and relaxed seating area. We enquired and realised that it was Clifford Pier, another afternoon tea place with local items.

The elegant view from the entrance.
Well, when I am in the mood for local afternoon tea then.

No comments: