Sunday 30 August 2015

A Leisurely Afternoon Tea at The Courtyard

Last week, I spent my Wednesday afternoon at The Fullerton Hotel for an English afternoon tea.

The Courtyard is on the reception level. 
It was my first time setting foot in The Fullerton and I thought it had a beautiful and warm interior.

I would always ask if the afternoon tea comes with scones and clotted cream.

The Courtyard English Afternoon Tea serves the tea set in a three-tier rack, which I prefer to a buffet spread.
First tier: vanilla creme brulee, red velvet cup cake, chocolate eclair, raspberry financier, English fruit cake
Second tier: smoked salmon mille feuille with avruga caviar, curry egg sandwich on brioche roll, otak-otak sandwich with quail egg with walnut bread, plum jelly, pistachio with hazelnut cracker, smoked duck with spicy mango salsa, mini bagel, proscuitto ham with cheddar cheese, classic cucumber with salmon roe
Bottom tier: salted caramel chocolate tart, lemon tart, double flavoured macaroon, kueh lapis
The warm and soft scones (plain and raisin) come in a separate plate.

While a blogger had commented that it was not remarkable, I quite like the tea set.
The items are replenishable 

 I spent my 3pm to 6pm there a happy, albeit old, tai-tai wannabe.

This will be a place I consider for my 'second coming' when I have exhausted the list of places I could go for an afternoon tea. The servers were friendly and casual. The one who served us tea even smelled the tea pot covers before deciding which tea was for who!
The price? $43++ per adult.

No comments: