Saturday 12 July 2014

Many Days Later ... Shower Screen and Door Installed at Common Bathroom

10 days after the cabinet went up, the glass guys came to install the shower screen and glass door for the common bathroom.

The carpenter came down specially to do something he forgot: drilling holes for the taps!

Unfortunately, I was not home and I gave this instruction to William,"Ask the carpenter if it's okay to place the tap for the master bathroom behind the basin or on the right-hand side of the basin. See if it would be too near to the wall or the basin."

And according to William, the carpenter placed the tap behind the basin and asked him,"Like that, can?"

William replied,"Anything."

I played with the placement of the tap. I decided that although I liked the look of the tap behind the basin, it could pose a hazard when the basin was pulled out and placed protruded of the vanity top - we might hit our heads on the basin when we are in a haste to get something from the cabinet. On top of that, the tap was near to BOTH the wall and the basin!

I stopped the solid surface people from coming down and requested for the carpenter to drill a new hole on the right side of the basin. Unbeknownst to me, the solid surface people would charge the carpenter for a trip cancelled on the day of house-call.

The carpenter said he would be going away and could only resume work one or two weeks later.

I decided to wait, but fortunately, he came down two days later to drill the new hole.

Shower screen in the master bathroom

It has been done quite some time ago. I don't know why I missed it out.

No comments: