Sunday 8 June 2014

Shopping for My Bathrooms

I had gone to 2 shops recommended on Renotalk for my bathrooms' form and function: 

1) GR Link Marketing at 155 Jalan Besar and 
2) Heritage Bathroom Gallery at 718 Geylang Road.


I first went to Heritage to buy the tile-insert floor traps and steel floor traps as it seems to be the only shop that sells tile-insert floor traps. In case anyone is curious, a tile-insert floor trap cost $38 while a steel one cost $18.

You can get your tiler to insert a small square of your floor tile in the floor trap and it would look flushed with your floor.

I had thought that my affinity with Heritage ended at the floor traps as GR Link Marketing was all the rage on Renotalk.

I went down to GR Link Marketing on a Friday night, 7.30pm.

When I was there, the boss, Uncle Benny, and his wife were busy with other customers. Coco and I were left to browse around. 

When Uncle Benny was done with his customers, he told me that he could knock off $50 off the $138 price tags of the basins if I also buy my toilet bowls at his shop.

An Arino Caprio cost $320 while a Baron cost $350 without further discount. 

The next day, I called up Heritage and told her the deal that Uncle Benny could give me, without spelling out the shop name. The lady, Irene, said that they had a better deal: $360 for a Baron w888 toilet bowl and a basin. If you just get the toilet bowl alone, it cost $290.

So I went down and took a look, but honestly, I was quite ready to buy at this shop.

Pardon the poor quality and nil composition of the pictures. They are purely functional - for me to remember what I bought and to tally with the actual products when they are delivered:

Coco liked this triangular basin back at GR Link Marketing. I find it okay, no sharp corners, broad. So this is it for just $10 on top of the $360 package.

Coco and Baby loved this. 

Coco first chose this, and Baby said,"It looked like a water droplet!"
I was hesitant about it as it had an overflow hole. I always find those holes very disgusting as they hide dirt, mould and whatnot in them, but we could not find another one that we really liked, so this is it for the common toilet.

Paid $40 on top of the $360 package to get this.

I had fallen in love with this fountain tap years ago. So there's no question about it.
Actually I had wanted it to be placed at the common bathroom so that guests can play with it, but Coco didn't like the idea. 
$130

Can't believe an idealistic and impractical mummy actually has a practical daughter!

Something I didn't think I had to think about, until she showed me 3, after I told her I wanted 'stainless steel with cover'.

Coco chose this, with a round holder - you see the top of the holder? It's round, right? Another one that looked similar was oval in shape!
$30 for one holder

I had bought 2 bidet sprays and Irene said I had to have this for water adjustment. 
I didn't really want to spent money on this until she said that if I didn't get this, my contractor will give me a $4 cheap and awful looking valve!

$12 for one angle valve

I even had to choose the stopper! 

Coco felt that the cheaper ($12) and smaller one looked 'classier' than the bigger and more expensive one ($18)

Bought a toothbrush holder too as I am sick of seeing the bottom of my mugs dirty.

I also bought a 35-litre Joven storage heater in the hope that my master bedroom bathroom is able to have the piping run from my common bathroom.

In all, I spent $1415.61 at the shop inclusive of GST. 

I am short of a common bathroom tap and a second rainshower system, pending for the plumber's approval.

No comments: