Sunday 8 June 2014

My Affair with Arino Caprio (not Leonardo De Caprio)

The first thing that anyone would relate a bathroom to would be the throne. And for a very long time, I only had one dream throne in mind, and in my heart:
Arino Caprio

Very nice, right? So cute and lovely.

It has only 1 year's warranty for leakage. A lookalike, Baron w888, has a 10-year warranty behind it.

I told my elder sister about my indecision about the toilet bowls,"The Arino Caprio is very nice, but it only has one-year warranty. The other one (Baron) has 10-year warranty leh ... I don't know which one to get ..."

My all-time practical and ever pragmatic sister went,"You stupid or what? Of course get the 10-year warranty one lah? Who will get the 1-year warranty one?"

Then I showed her a picture of Arino Caprio under a soft lighting.

She immediately changed her expression. With a sheepish smile, she said,"Very nice nor? You can get this one for your master bedroom toilet and put the 10-year warranty one at the common toilet."

See?

Any female human being whom I showed the picture to melted and commented that it looked lovely.

As for William, he doesn't care if it is made of steel. Any thing that allows him to dispose his waste is lovely.


Uncle Benny at GR Link Marketing said that 30% of his customers who bought it called back to complain about the need to flush 2 or 3 times before the waste would disappear. The supplier's advice: don't use too much paper. Immediately, something in me told me: this is not for you.

Despite that, the form of the toilet bowl still had a place in my heart. 

At Heritage, I enquired about Arino Caprio again. The lady, Irene, said that lots of customers complained about the flushing system (again) as it is a one-tick toilet bowl. 'One-tick' would mean it is water-saving, using just 3.5 litres of water to flush out the waste. However, the downside to that would be the weak flush.

When "30% of the customers" complain, the number is still less than half of the total number of customers who bought Arino Caprio, but when "LOTS of customers" complain, it sets me thinking.

Picture of Baron w888 on the internet:

Some people say it looks 'exactly like Arino Caprio', but if you had been to GR Link Marketing, a simple side-by-side comparison will show that Baron w888 is bigger and taller.

In reality, at Heritage, Baron w888 looks like this:


I would say Heritage is clever not to place Arino Caprio beside it as without the comparison, it really does look like the pirated version of Arino Caprio.

With the good deal offered at Heritage - $360 for Baron w888 and a basin, coupled with the friendly service, I sealed the deal with Heritage. 

No comments: