Saturday 21 June 2014

Empty 'Care'

Not sure if anybody has the same experience as I.

My 3rd sister was finding fault with me today. Again.

She had posted a confession of a girl on Facebook. On it was a girl who has gone through a terrible childhood. My 3rd sister captioned it something to the effect of "Hope this experience is not gone through by anyone who is dear and close to us".

Earlier on, I had checked with Coco if she was the one who posted that, and she denied it.

So I watsapped her,"You thought it's her, right?"

And she replied,"And you thought it's not her, right?"

What followed was an hour of rude and accusing messages over watsapp. In all, she said that I wanted to ditch Coco and raise a separate family, and that she cared more for Coco than I did, and that I was the lousiest mother. When I asked her to leave me alone, she hurled more awful words at me. I had to abort my plan to visit The National Museum with Baby because I was too affected to do anything else.

I had to find Coco and asked her if what my sister had said were true.

Coco was shocked to know that her aunt had been stalking her on Instagram. She was doubly shocked to know that her aunt knew about her 'dark side' Instagram. She cried,"It's meant to be my secret!"

So she watsapped her aunt to ask her to stop cyber-stalking her and not to use what she knows about her to attack her mum. She also told her aunt not to 'mess around with' our relationship.

This is not the first, or second, or third, time that my sisters have done this to me.

My elder and third sisters often accuse me of trying to abandon Coco and treating her badly.

Firstly, who was the one who almost lost her life at KK Hospital because of Coco?

Who was the one who spends tonnes of money on Coco? When I told my elder sister,"Since you care for Coco so much, why don't you foot the remaining bill of $900 for her braces?" she said nothing. When I asked my 3rd sister to keep quiet unless she could fork out $200k for Coco's overseas university education in 4 years' time, she continued to throw malicious and false accusations at me.

If you have never spent a cent on my daughter, what right do you have to tell me that you care for her? That kind of empty 'care' - I can do without.

If you have never sat with her to help her in her studies, you can f off with your stupid 'care'. Lots of cheap 'care' you have there.

If you have never stayed up a night to feed her medicine when she was ill, your 'care' is non-existent.

Just because my kid has some secrets that I do not pry and you invaded into her privacy to find out does not make you more caring. You have crossed the line. This is not 'care'. This is 'intrusion'.

'Care' is not something that you wear on your negative lips.

It's no wonder I am reluctant to let Coco join the family gatherings.

No comments: