Thursday 26 June 2014

Day 17 - Boxing Up of Pipes & Very Creative Plumbing

The box-up guy came in the morning on the last day that we would have noisy works. Our new neighbours above were obviously enjoying the fun of trying to stop us from doing reno by calling up HDB repeatedly on Saturday, Monday and Tuesday, complaining that we were too noisy.

This is a vengeance game.

William had complained to HDB last month that they were using 4 drills at the same time for hacking purpose. The HDB rule for hacking is to use no more than 2 drills at any one time. When he went up to the neighbour's, he saw that they were using 6 drills! Baby was sleeping and he could not get out of the house.

Apparently, they thought that William was too petty. They continued to use 6 drills after the HDB officer had left. And they continued to do hacking even on Saturday! We endured the noise as we didn't want to be difficult neighbours.

However, came our turn, our beloved neighbour complained that the cutting of tiles was too noisy, every single day. If you had done renovation before, you would know that cutting of tiles is in no way noisier than a drill, much less 6 drills!

Anyway, back to the progress ...

The box-up guy going about his business

And the bad news:

The box-up could not be flushed with the side wall as the storage heater was in the way.

So I got William to call Dorothy to send her plumbers down to move the storage heater away.

Well, as expected, given his arrogance, our beloved Creative Plumbing Young Boss made tons of excuse and skilfully employed a wide repertoire of tried-and-tested tactics to avoid correcting his mistake:

1) Scare tactic: 

"If the storage heater is moved, there would be A LOT OF HOLES! Very ugly huh!"

2) Heck care tactic: 

"The storage heater was not in the way what! Box-up still can flush with the wall. Just cannot service the heater in future lah! Spoilt also cannot replace. It's okay what!"

3) Runaway tactic: 

When I insisted that I wanted the box-up to be flushed, he said he was busy that day. He would just take down the heater and rush to other sites!

I replied Dorothy, his ever faithful messenger and supporter,"How can he be so irresponsible?" and got William to speak to Dorothy. Then Dorothy relented and asked him to reinstall the heater.

4) TL tactic: 

So he finally proceeded to do what he had to do EXTREMELY RELUCTANTLY.

And this is what he gave me:

5) What-can-you-do-to-me tactic:
For some reason, I knew that he would do something to irk me for vengeance's sake.

That's not all. 

6) Big deal tactic: 

He said,"Who will see the heater?!!"

Wah, now even who sees the heater is also his problem!

I see it. You see it. Your worker sees it. My husband sees it. My visitors will see it.

Nevermind. I gave him an answer,"My sisters would see it."

He looked disgusted.

7) Scare tactic (again):

"If you want me to install again huh, later the tile crack and we all have to stop work."


By then, I was very sian of his lousy attitude. I conceded defeat and said reluctantly,"Okay lah!"



How can a plumber install a heater slanted?

It is unprofessional and irresponsible.

I watsapped Dorothy to complain about the plumber.

Her reply took me by surprise:

Be thankful that he came down to install the heater for you.

Wow! I have to be thankful for a job shoddily done! Thanks huh, Dorothy!

So I told Dorothy that Creative Plumbing installs heaters CREATIVELY.

No comments: