Thursday 19 June 2014

Day 12 - Tiling of Walls for Common Bathroom

I told Xiao Hei that the mosaic had been tiled in such a way that the piece of mosaic was cut in all ways  - top, left, right and bottom. He said that he would return on Saturday to stick another piece of mosaic in the niches, but he didn't sound like he was confident of tiling the mosaic the way we wanted it. But I don't think we are being OCD, right?

Today, another tiler, Ah Huat, came to tile the common bathroom.




By evening, he had almost finished tiling the walls ...

and water-proofing.
I am impressed with his speed. 
Despite working alone on a larger bathroom, he could complete so much within a day.
I also like the small grooves between the tiles.

This colour is closer to the kind of beige that I have always wanted (although it does not show up as beige on camera). Now I like the common bathroom, a little more than I like my master bedroom bathroom.

I really like beige, don't I?

Bad news from Dorothy: the plumber can't make it to my place on Friday or Saturday. He can only come next Monday. This would mean that the whole renovation would be held up, as without the laying of pipes, boxing up of pipes can't proceed, neither can tiling of the box-ups be done.

No comments: