Monday 2 June 2014

Bathroom Reno Journey 2 Starts

I have been sourcing for a contractor for my bathrooms.

The reno should have taken place last year. It was a shame that I didn't get the right person after sourcing for more than 10 contractors and IDs.

This time, I only asked 3 to give me a quotation.

The first one was TilerSeng from Renotalk forum. He runs a renovation company at Design House. His quotation, without my add-ons ie. creating a wall to flush with another and boxing up of pipes already came up to more than $14k. It was very detailed though.

The second one was Calvin from Posh Homes. He had a very good review from a renotalker. She claimed that he was cheaper than contractors, provided very good service and was very prompt in his replies. I called him and asked if he was interested in renovating 2 bathrooms. He said he would get back to me but got a Cayden to follow up on me.

Cayden was slow in his replies. I didn't think he would be the one, but gave him my time anyway.

It didn't pay off. He promised to email me a quotation within 1.5 days, but at least one week has passed and there is still no news from him.

The third one was Dorothy from In-Lookz Home. She was compared to Alan on Renotalk forum. The forummers felt that Dorothy could have been more responsible than Alan. I gave her a call and she seemed nice.

I was surprised that she went to Soon Bee Huat to find me similar but cheaper tiles and placed them at my doorstep. And in that plastic bag, there were similar wood tiles that I had looked at but didn't mention anything about. I felt that she was sincere. I gave her a deposit of $1200 against my better judgment. I think I am having contractor fatigue. A little tired in sourcing for the right one.

We chose the tiles at Hafary Eunos last Friday. Today, I asked for her final quotation. It came up to $14, 708. Quite expensive I thought, but like I said, contractor fatigue.

Just hope that the bathrooms will turn out fine. I love wood tiles but not sure how they will look in totality.

No comments: