Sunday 8 June 2014

Day 3 - Tiling of Walls

Yesterday, the Day 2 of the reno was making good the walls. Guess I forgot to take pictures as the bathroom didn't look too much different from how it looked on Day 1.

Day 3:
The colour of the tiles seems a bit pale on camera. It definitely looks beige-er than this.
When I took pictures of it with my S4 and watsapped them to my sisters, they thought it was white!


I like plain and beigey toilets, so I chose something really plain. I had wanted a really beige tile for the common toilet but William, Coco and Dorothy felt that it would darken the toilet.

Did I mention that I almost quarrelled with Dorothy on the first day of reno?

I overheard the tiler Xiao Hei telling Dorothy that they would not tile up the parts that would be boxed up. I felt troubled by this and told my neighbour about it. Her immediate response was: This is 偷工减料 (cutting corners).

So when Dorothy came by the next day, I told her about my neighbour's comment and she appeared to be insulted,"我没有偷工减料!(I am not cutting corners!)"

It was not pleasant as we told each other our expectations: she 'assumed' that I didn't need the boxed up parts to be tiled since they would not be seen; I had expected mine to be done in the same way as most homeowners' as I have read on Renotalk.

I had hoped that William could speak up. He ended up keeping quiet and looking at his handphone!

As if in an answer to my prayer, my neighbour appeared at my doorstep and said that she would like to come and view what the workers were doing.

I immediately told my neighbour that Dorothy really wouldn't tile up the covered parts and my neighbour helped me to 'argue' with Dorothy. Dorothy was unhappy with my neighbour apparently as she said something unpleasant (but what - I forgot) as a retort. My neighbour ignored her and went straight on to take a look at my bathroom.

Dorothy later backed down and said that she would get the tilers to tile up the covered parts, adding,"You had a bad experience with a previous contractor. I don't want you to experience it again."

That I appreciate.

No comments: