Wednesday 11 June 2014

An Unhonourable Heritage

When I was buying my bathroom accessories at Heritage, the sales lady Irene had told me that Grohe Euphoria Shower System had many complaints about its thermostat.

She claimed that 50% of her customers complained that the thermostat didn't work as promised. When they turned to the indicated 38 degree celsius, it was too hot, not what 38 degree celsius was like; when they turned to something a little colder, it was too cold.

She had asked me to KIV my first Grohe set and see if it works well before buying the second set from them which was selling at $700 without GST.

It was a really good deal since I had bought my first Grohe set at close to a thousand dollars.

I told her that I would be fixing the rainshower this week and would order from them if it was good.

Unfortunately, when I called Heritage today after my rainshower was fixed, the girl over the line, Yuki, said that the promotion was over! It was no longer $700 but something close to $900 without GST.

I told her my conversation with Irene and she said that she would get back to me.

When Heritage called back, it was Irene on the phone.

She claimed that "the other day, a customer came to our shop and bought all remaining 3 Grohe set because it was so cheap". I asked her about what she had advised me ie. to wait for my rainshower to be fixed up before buying from her, but she said that I didn't put a deposit down for it and all rainshowers had been sold. "NO MORE."

I felt ... 'betrayed', honestly. I felt that she lied to me. Or perhaps, it was a case of not honouring her promise.

I am upset that she had asked me not to buy first, and yet did not bother to call me to let me know that someone was snapping them up. I think that she should have the basic decency to call her customer when she knew that I had the intention to buy the product, and yet being advised against it by the very her! I consider this bad, thoughtless service.

Will I buy from Heritage again?

You bet I won't, ever.

No comments: