Wednesday 19 March 2014

Our December Roadtrip: Day 1 (12 Dec) & 2 (13 Dec 2013) - Malacca and Sunway Lagoon

An overdue post.

Last December, my 4th sister who lives in Malaysia went on a roadtrip with Coco, Baby and me, together with her friend, my aunt and my little cousin, to Malaysia. We stopped by Malacca for a quick eat, went up to Kuala Lumpur for Sunway Lagoon and Kidzania before heading to Cameron Highlands. 
Our first stop to try the famous Durian Chendol at Jonker Street
The menus are outside where you place order for food.
The dessert counter

The meal counter

My sister tried their laksa. It looked too spicy for me.

The durian chendol. Unfortunately, I didn't like it either. Just durian flavour lor ...

The interior which was rich with decor

After the dessert, we went in search of Malacca's famed chicken riceballs.

When the waitress came to take our order, my sister asked me,"How many riceballs do you want?"

Being new to this, I thought the 'balls' were made from a bowl of rice each, so I said,"1."

My sister and her friend went 'huh???' and quickly explained,"The riceballs are very small, like fishballs."

So I asked for 3.

Naturally, I became the joke throughout the meal.

After the hearty meals, we went northward to Kuala Lumpur. As we started our journey only in the afternoon, by the time we reached KL, it was night. We were positively tired and just wanted to plonk our weary bodies into a bed.


The next day, we went Sunway Lagoon
Using MyKad (Malaysia IC), we managed to get cheaper tickets for 2A1C.

Sunway Lagoon, like many theme parks, has both the dry and wet areas for play.







Coco, as usual, must take a thrill ride - a Viking-like ship that rotated at 360 degree




It paused twice in an upside-down position for a few seconds.
My heart stopped. Twice. 


After a quick exploration of the dry area, we changed into our swimsuits and dived into the wet area. Things went into the paid locker of course, which explains the total lack of pictures for the wet area.


Sunway Lagoon
3, Jalan PJS 11/11, Bandar Sunway,
47500 Selangor Darul 
Ehsan,
Malaysia.


Opening hours
10am to 6pm daily

Ticketing information
Adult - RM 120
Child/Senior - RM 90

MyKad holders
Adult - RM90
Child/Senior - RM65
Family package (2A2C) - RM 275

No comments: