Monday 12 August 2013

Central Park Hotel Review

We arrived at the hotel at 10.30am.

I had read about how unhelpful the hotel staff were so I had a pleasant surprise that we could check in early. 

However, we had problems with the door and the manager was reluctant to help. I had to insist that I had exhausted every method of opening the door before he helped me to reprogramme the lock. Prior to that, at least two hotel guests and one chamber maid had tried to help me.

We concluded that the guests were more helpful than the hotel staff.
Had read that the rooms were small. It was indeed very small.
We were just glad that we could rest on a bed after such a long flight.

Small room but decently-equipped with the necessities, especially the kettle!
No matter how tiny the bathroom is, you can be sure there is a bathtub! 

Tiny lifts too!
We stayed at the 3-star Central Park Hotel for 3 nights (and boy, was I glad it was only 3!).
Paid S$528.72 in total for 1 adult and 2 children (without breakfast). I thought it cheap! 

I liked it for its location: a few minutes' walk to Queensway Station.
Bayswater is a little farther down but we used Queensway most of the time.

But the hotel staff were too cold and unhelpful. They were so cold we did not wish to ask them for help unless we did not have a choice eg. calling for a cab to Euston Station for Eurostar.

If I ever go to London again - if, I would try to search for another hotel in the same vicinity eg. Troy Hotel or near Earl's Court Station.

No comments: