Saturday 4 May 2013

No MC required

I received the email from the admin manager yesterday:

Civil servants now can call in sick without MC for two days.


As usual, with conditions attached.

The first condition is to seek approval from the First or Second Boss.

I shared the news with my cubicle mate.

She scratched her head,"How does that work?"

I replied,"Perhaps it means: we can go and ask them,'Can I take an MC next Wednesday?'"



A colleague from my previous school posted this on her facebook:

If we need substantial proof in order to get non-MC medical leave, how do I prove that I am having menstrual cramps?


Other colleagues replied:   'You know ...'   'I also know ...'   And that made me 'know' too!      

Jokes aside, I read from the internet that many commented that these two days would be abused.   I don't even get to utilise my 6-day childcare leave without MC and my 30-day MC. And you think we could abuse these 2 pathetic days? Seriously?

No comments: