Saturday 27 April 2013

It's my turn

I will be voting for the first time come 5 May this year.

I am very excited about it.

All along, I have been apathetic about the politics in my own country, especially when I don't know anything about it.

All I know is, when Dr Mahathir stepped down, it was also the day Malaysia was on its way to doom.

It was what I had believed, and what I still believe.

I have great admiration for Dr Mahathir. He is the only person I know who dared to verbally retaliate LKY.

When LKY said that Dr Mahathir was trying to have the Prime Minister's seat for himself for as long as he could, Dr Mahathir replied that it was not as bad as someone who was waiting for his son to take over.

My admiration for him grew when he decided to retire from politics, saying that he also needed time for his grandchildren and family.

He did not need to hold onto the throne till the day he died.

He retired with a smile.

I believe that he had done what he could, as far as a man's strength could stretch, for Malaysia.

How much can a man do if the majority of the country does not want to improve?

Ignorant as I am about Malaysia politics, I have experienced for myself how corrupted the government is. Four months after the signing of paper to relinquish the shophouse and the promised reimbursement is still not banked in, when they had promised to bank in within 1 or 2 weeks!

Horrible, horrible.

I can even smell 'corruption' from Singaproe.

Like what some Singaporeans have done, I also want to vote right.

No comments: