Tuesday 21 August 2012

Timeturner Beautiful. A Job Well Done

Many things are brewing on the forums. I have been busying preparing the prelim exams with Coco and loads of things have been on my mind. There are times when I want to blog about this and that thing but by the time there is time for anything at all, I would be so dead beat the only thing I really want to do is to hit the sack.

I just realised that my last post was about Coco getting 38/50 for her Chinese prelim oral exam. The truth is, I realised soon enough that the top girl in Coco's class got 46/50 for her Chinese oral, and it doesn't take a genius to guess that the examiner could have been a tad too strict with the giving of marks, so I guess I over-reacted, much.

The next day, Coco told me that she got 30/30 for her English prelim oral exam.

I think that's quite an achievement. Having been a PSLE oral examiner, I must say it is no mean feat to do that well. And for what she did, I got her a Timeturner from the Harry Potter souvenir shop. If anyone remembers, Dumbledore gave Hermione the Timeturner so that she could go back in time with Harry to save the prisoner of Azkaban. It was what Coco really wanted since the first time she fell her gaze upon it in early June this year, even though it is purely ornamental. That's girls for you!