Tuesday 10 April 2012

First Driving Lesson

Today marks the first time I sat in the driver's seat.

It was my first driving lesson.

A Malay instructor.

He was nice and friendly. However, I felt that the learning was not very effective. My car kept stalling, and my brake was too abrupt. It jerked the two of us forward each time I stepped on the brake.

The instructor kept telling me not to release the clutch 'too fast', and to 'brake gently', but I just could not get it.

After some time, he had to excuse himself for a while and a Chinese instructor sat in.

Upon the first time that I stalled with him in the car, he explained to me that the pedals are 'very sensitive'. I just need to release the clutch gently to the point when the car could move and stay my foot there and it would not stall. As for the brake, I only needed to press very lightly, not pump all the way in.

Within 20 minutes of his teaching, I got what I could not with the previous instructor.

I was a little disappointed that he had to go when my instructor returned.

My family members and friends who learnt driving mostly did not have a fixed instructor, so I am quite sure I do not want to fix an instructor either.

Let's hope I have better luck the next time.

No comments: