Tuesday 13 March 2012

I am finally going

My boss finally gave me the nod on my fourth visit to her office.

I said I was close to a breakdown, which was something that's true.

My leave will start some time next week.

Between my application for my no-pay leave, I made some serious boo-boos at work. They are things that I have done for many years as a teacher without any glitches. One of them was so serious it warranted an official advice from the boss. No matter what the reason was, I could never absolve myself from the mistake.

So yeah, I really gotta go.

I know my boss is one ruthless lady. Ever since her reign started last year, 5 colleagues have transferred out, at least 6 have resigned. And she did not make any attempt to stop any of those who had requested for the transfer from going ahead.

Out of the 6 who had resigned, she appeared to have tried to retain 1 or 2 senior colleagues. Other than that, the last I heard, she refused to allow a colleague to retract her resignation letter when the distraught colleague decided that her decision to resign was made in the pique of a moment just a day or two later.

I appreciate the fact that she tried to persuade me to stay, offered me part-time load and all, but I need a break badly. The guilt and stress of being unable to support Coco in her quest of doing reasonably well at the year-end exam was getting to me.

However, I am still tasked with the mission of setting a Foundation paper for SA1, after I had a stormy negotiation at the Science boss' cubicle.

No comments: