Sunday 8 January 2012

Universal Studio II

We went to Universal Studio in the last week of the December holiday.
It was also William's and Baby's first time there.
He said I must take a picture of the expensive tickets. More than $200 for three tickets.
Our first stop.
Coco and I missed it the last time we came.
Everything was novel and new and we got lost and dizzy in the excitement.
The long queue - both the human and the crates
Me: Why do these people in the crate look so bored after the 'adventure'?
William: You will know soon.
What we saw in the dark tunnel


Okay, now we know why they looked so bored
Sitting in the last second seat, Coco was right beside a 'bomb' when it exploded.
That explains her boomed up hair.
One photo - $18 (?!!) Forget it.
At King Julien's Merry-Go-Round
At Shrek 4D Movie
Baby enjoyed the jerking chair but her legs were too short to experience the spiders' touch under her chair
Puss-in-Boots Merry-Go-Round at the Potion Shop
This time, I boarded it with the kids
View from inside
At Goldilocks'
What else but chicken burgers and chicken?
$11 for a burger if I remember it correctly.
More than $30 for a meal. Expensive, expensive ...
Steven Speilberg's 'Lights Camera Action' at the beginning of Hollywood Street


We could feel the heat from the fire. It looked realistic enough for a noob like me.
There she goes. The dare devil for the day.


Don't have to ask. She tried both Human and Cylone Battlestar Galactica.
And she went on Cylone at least three times.
She said that Cylone goes upside down three times in one trip.
A friend said that he only tried Human (the less scary one) and it already scared him out of his wits.
I asked William: Why are we able to identify China girls so easily?
William's answer: Their features, the way they look, the way they behave, the way they dress.
Universal Studio was opened till 9pm. So there you go, some pictures of the night.
At the Mummy Ride. No, I didn't take any ride. It's Coco's perogatives.
At Shrek's fountain
A vintage police car at the end of Hollywood Street
A stroller rented for $10 (non-refundable) at the customer service counter
Fireworks at 9pm

Before I left, I 'interviewed' a young girl at the gate while waiting for Coco to relieve herself at the toilet.
The kay-poh me could not resist finding out some things.

Me: How old are you?
Girl: 17
Me: Is this your full-time job?
Girl: No. I am studying. This is my part-time job.
Me: Oh, are there full-timers here in Universal Studio?
Girl: Yes, but most are part-timers.
Me: How many hours do you work?
Girl: Today? I work from 1pm. We need to fulfill 22 hours per week for part-timers. There are other part-timers who don't need to though.
Me: (Finally going into the REAL question) How much do you earn per hour?
Girl: $6.50

I would say the pay is good. William was telling me that a student he knows is earning $7 per hour for sweeping the floor at Universal Studio. Not bad at all for a road sweeper.

No comments: