Sunday 29 January 2012

A Quiet and Simple Celebration

Like every other year, I went back to Malaysia with my family for Chinese New Year.

 I was looking forward to eating the home-made 'beehive' crackers and pineapple tarts. Unfortunately, my cousin, the expert who used to make these faithfully every year, was too busy this year apparently. According to her mother, my aunt, she 'had to bother with two ducks fighting at her door too'.

The spread
I have always fancied home-cooked reunion dinner. Yum! 
 Lo Hei

 The fireworks I never got to see
I was nursing a cold and was very sian about my sprained ankle. I was in bed early on New Year's Eve. Although I heard the fire crackers loud and clear, my sprained ankle made it a chore to get out of bed.
 The kids playing with the sparklers right after the reunion dinner

 My tangy wear on the First Day of New Year

More and more kids each year
I can imagine how it was like when we were young - exactly like how it is now.
I am at my mother's stage when she was my age.
My little red riding hood

It was a wet Chinese New Year this year, raining heavily on the First Day.
I didn't manage to capture any fireworks or fire crackers' pictures. The kids didn't get to play much either.
Oh well, it was a safe journey both to and from home.

No comments: