Saturday 28 January 2012

I passed!

I passed my Basic Theory Test yesterday.

The test started at 6.45pm. By 6.53pm, I had printed my 'pass' result slip from the kiosk outside the testing room.

It was a perfect score: 50/50.

I was sitting beside a young man during the test. I peeped at his IC number. Oh my goodness, his IC number started with 'S93'. Isn't that a primary or secondary school student's age? I peeped at his date of birth while his head was turned, all ears to the instructor's briefing: that's right - 1993. Just 18 years old. I am just so overdue to learn driving!

In case a technophobic like me comes across my blog and wonders if she (technophobics are mostly shes) should take up driving, and if she ever does, would she even clear the Basic Theory Test, I am anecdoting my learning process here:

I had registered as a student at the driving school, gone for the 2 lessons for Basic Theory, 2 practice sessions and 2 trial tests last Saturday, and finally, 2 practice sessions just right before my actual test today.

I managed to attempt more than 350 questions within each practice session of 45 minutes so I had adequately covered all questions that were in the test.

For most people, I would come across as being too gan chiong (overly anxious) to go for so many practice sessions, but for someone who has always thought that the Expressway sign represents a tower or pagoda, and 'No entry', 'No waiting', 'No stopping' signs mean 'STOP', my worries are not too unfounded.

Furthermore, I had overheard two young strangers telling their friends that they had failed their test by 2 marks. I thought I'd better not be overconfident. Better be humble and careful and pass the test than be overconfident and fail the test, and worse, retake the test and thus wasting time.

On top of my worries of technophobic nature, I felt that a failed test would greatly demoralise me and I might not be resilient enough to face the failure. My enthusiasm to learn driving would then be watered down.
Anyone who is wondering if he or she should sign up as the centre's student should not hesitate to become one at all, because it's worth it.

The next step would be passing Final Theory in April.

Gee ... what a long wait!

No comments: