Saturday 5 November 2011

Beautiful Blue for Beautiful Days

One recent sunny afternoon when I left school to come home at 3pm (Can you beat that? We used to go home at earliest 5.30pm!), I saw that the sky was a beautiful blue.
Unedited, straight from an iPhone

Life is so much better when we are not kept back at work for meaningless tasks.

In fact, as I walked past the playground below my flat, I suddenly thought about my students and their struggle with English, and thought,"How can I get them interested in English?"

How long have I not have the luxury of time to think about my teaching?

With the new Bosses, we are not required to fill up ring files of detailed lesson plans which no one follows anyway, powerpoint slides and worksheets with hard copies and soft copies of those crap into computer folders.

The most ridiculous thing about the lesson plans is: we even have to do the same thing for remedial and supplementary lessons!

We are not required to stay back for another hour just to brainstorm on what to fill up on the minutes for the lesson plan meetings, and filing them accordingly - into ring files and computer folders, every week - and go home with more work to do up the lesson plans and the ra-ras.

Whoosh!!!

The absence of all these meaningless, mundane yet occupying tasks take the bulk of the pressure and work away! It's amazing how much lesser we have to do when we don't have to do all those crap! How great and relieving is that!

I really really like the new Bosses. I really do.

No comments: