Saturday 29 October 2011

Wall Painting Project

Last Sunday, I decided to paint away the 4-year-old colour at the foyer, the remnant of Home Decor Survivor 3. It was a 'remnant' because it was the only portion I had not painted over.

I bought this Nippon Natural Cane with sheen. And I loved it after I painted it on some walls (as below) to cover up the graffitti of my nephews and Baby.

From this:
to this:

I decided to use the same colour on this side of the wall too!
 The wall was dark and 'absorbed' light, resulting in an even darker flat
 My simple tools.
I painted a layer of sealant first. I read that the sealant is supposed to help the subsequent layers of paint to stick. But I did it to cover the original colour.
 First coat of sealant. As it turned out, I didn't have enough to apply a second coat. Just as well ...
 Applying the first coat of Natural Cane
I painted two coats of paint to make sure it's thick enough to cover visible patches of sealant.

Very pleased with the result after six hours of paint job. :)

Had buttock ache and thigh ache the next few days though.

No comments: