Saturday 3 September 2011

Loads of things to do and enjoying them!

The one-week holiday has begun.

I can't believe that we are really given a 'one-week holiday'. I mean, we don't have to go back to school for even a day! Isn't that just awesome?

There are lots of things weighing on my mind though. Things to get done this week:

1) Science exam papers
2) Science lesson plan and resources
3) Breastpump and steriliser for my sister (by today)
4) Take Coco to her piano lesson (today)
5) Wash baby niece's cot sheet and bumper and get the cot ready for dismantling (today)
6) Dismantle the musical mobile to bring over to my sister's place (today)
7) Tomorrow to attend a photography lesson
8) Monday afternoon to put up backdrop brackets on ceiling
9) Monday night to attend the next photography lesson
10) Friday to attend photoshop lesson
11) Make payment for handphone bills and schoolbus fees
12) Check out lighting equipment at artworkfoto

Wow, so many things to do and I have yet to list anything for my own kids.

On a positive note, I went for the second photoshop class last night and I think it wonderful to be able to learn so many things in photoshop. I feel like I'm enlightened each time the lesson ends.

The techwhiz ex-colleague had mentioned to me that I should pick up Lightroom instead as it is easier and the functions are superior to Photoshop.

The only reason I am learning Photoshop is because I have the software and not Lightroom.

The Photoshop instructor feels that Photoshop is better as it allows for creative editing, and it can do what Lightroom cannot while retaining Lightroom functions.

I am glad the instructor is highly proficient in English. His clear instructions and precise language allows me to follow the steps quite smoothly. I said 'quite' because there are a few things I missed out because I was too busy taking down notes. Something that could have been done better is they should provide a step-by-step note so that I don't have to copy down what he says at a furious rate while fiddling with the tools.

Meanwhile, I am enjoying every moment of the class. I think most, if not all, students at the class would feel the same way: we don't feel time passing at all.

Each time, the instructor has to say,"We will stop here for tonight." to indicate that it is time for us to go home.


Here's trying to brighten up a picture that's underexposed at the front:



No comments: