Wednesday 4 May 2011

SDP Rally

For the first time of my life, I went to a political rally, mainly to take pictures and have a 'feel' of the atmosphere.

It was SDP at work, at Woodlands Stadium. I wore red, thinking that I ought to show support to the party I am about to listen to. I was in white - white T-shirt and pants, and I didn't want to risk being beaten to death. I changed my top to red and felt very national day, so I changed my pants as well.

We reached there at about 8.15pm. On our way to the stadium, we could see people streaming into the place still.


This is as close as I could get to the speaker, with a zoom lens


 Where items supporting or funding SDP campaigns were on sale ie. their own newspapers ($2), books written by Chee Soon Juan on ex-political prisoners ($35), teddy bears (their mascot), $5 glow sticks and mineral water
Taken from the opposite side of the sheltered seats

Stadium seating filled with people
Audience in front were seated for the benefit of those at the back
Taken from sheltered seating

An avid auntie supporter of 'No 10% GST'
SDP volunteers doing sales on the ground
"Buay tahan"
I thought there were many people, until I went to the Workers' Party Rally the next day
Most people seemed to be well-prepared judging from the flourishing of umbrellas at the slightest hint of a drizzle

I wouldn't say that I was inspired at this rally, partly I was occupied with taking pictures and observing the environment. We stayed till 10pm. It was a good experience nonetheless.

No comments: