Tuesday 31 May 2011

Hair cut

I had a hair cut.

'Cut' is right. I think I'd meant 'trim', but I told the hairdresser I wanted 'the shortest possible but still can tie up' hair.

I should have known hairdressers have a different inkling of 'short'.

And his definition of 'still can tie up' is vastly different from mine. I look ridiculous tying up my hair now - like a broom.

My hair went real short - just below the shoulder blade.

I feel like crying. 20 years' worth of long tresses gone in 2 hours - I waited for an hour before the cutting commenced.

But I've always wanted to see how I look with shorter hair.

I was hoping to get a fresh haircut for the coming trip. Now I wonder how many pictures will I take of myself on the trip to remind myself of the awful haircut.

But it was something new to me. I would always be kept wondering if I have never tried it. I was sick of the hair I had, wanted a half-fringe, and shorter hair, despite my already-quite-short long hair. This hair cut also made me realise that I have never really taken a good look at my own hair, until I lose them.

No comments: