Friday 22 April 2011

Young but Impressive

I am a political idiot - I don't even know who the important ministers are or even exactly what ministries are governmental or privatised. I have problems with the term 'stat-board'. My sister is from one and she tried explaining it to me in vain. The short cut for me is to remember it being a governmentally-linked board, although my sister claims that they don't get as much bonus payout as civil servants. I don't comment on government policies or matters related to the government simply because I am politically ignorant and like most Singaporeans, I accept what is given to me since questioning them is futile.

But I chanced upon this video on Nicole Seah, the youngest candidate for the opposition party. And I am impressed with the way she speaks and combats the incessant questions from the reporters.

She shows that she is very well-prepared to face public bombardments, has high EQ, and is highly aware of what she wants to do. She says she is not an elite, but she sure sounds like one without the bad side of elitism.

Let's hope she's as genuine as she sounds.

No comments: