Saturday 5 March 2011

Planning stage

I am trying to set an itinerary for the Bangkok trip.

So far, nothing great has been achieved. I only know I want to go Chatchuchak for shopping, Chinatown for eating shark's fin soup and see the floating market. Maybe I'll go to the Wat Arun temple to see how golden it is at night.

Tried to google, but I get put off by all the Thai street names, so I haven't found out how to go to various places either.

Then I realised the ambitiousness in me started to creep in again ie. want to visit this and that, go here and there, do this and that, eat this and that. And I have to do a silent shout to halt myself,"I'm going there to eat the good and cheap food and to shop at Chatchuchak!" I only have four days there and I can't be doing the things people in their early or mid twenties can.

I think I am really quite a masochist. I find planning a pain - many hours and hell alot of reading, yet derive a certain satisfaction in planning an itinerary. I guess the feeling of being in control supersedes the pain of planning.

No comments: