Wednesday 16 March 2011

The Grill of it

Recently, I have been hooked onto this new burger at Mc Donald's - Chicken Mc Grill.

I am not a big fan of burgers and I have always felt that I have passed the stage of eating burgers.

But the advertisement did its job well. The meat patty does look succulent and juicy - it's not your regular fried-till-it's-dried-up kind of meat. The sides that top the meat look fresh and good as well. I have always loved tomatoes and lettuce to go with the sandwich filling.

So last week, while waiting for Coco's enrichment lesson to end, I marched up to the Mc Donald's counter and asked for one to try out.

It was an 'oh-my-goodness' moment indeed! For once, in all my life, the burger was as good as it was advertised! The meat was succulent and juicy!
After I picked up Coco, when we alighted from the train close to 10.30pm, I went to the shopping centre near my place to get one for Coco for her dinner, I was shocked, as well as dismayed, to hear the counter crew telling me that the burger was 'sold out'.

Whoever heard of burgers at Mc Donald's getting sold out?

I called William and asked him if he's heard of burgers getting sold out. He said 'no' and proceeded to call for Mc Delivery for the burger. He decided to buy another one for himself to try it out since it was that good to qualify for a 'sold-out' status.

The next day, I went to the branch near my place again to buy Chicken Mc Grill at 4.30pm.

To my utter shock, the crew again told me the same thing, that it's sold out for the day!

See how good it is? I guess when it comes to food, Singaporeans do know their stuff.

I asked if the same thing happens at the branch at United Square. The crew was surprised to hear of the burgers being sold out at a neighbourhood branch. They said they never had such a thing happening to theirs.

Okay, so now I know where to get this burger if I am in dire need of it, truly, madly, deeply.

No comments: