Monday 21 February 2011

A Simple Wedding

I am back from my colleagues' wedding. Yes, it's 'colleagues'' because they met at our workplace.

It was almost just another wedding, until I saw the montage.

The guy wrote this:

终于盼到这一天
娶你为妻
。。。
痴情的人是我

I was almost moved to tears.

How many of us would admit in public that we are 痴情?

It takes a certain amount of courage to say that, to put that in writing.

The guy was handsome, the girl plain.

But the girl was a kind and simple girl who loves to travel.

He must have been attracted by her simplicity.

I knew the guy first. I didn't think they were a good match at first because of their appearances.

After I knew the girl, I then felt that they were truly compatible.

I am moved that the guy loves the girl more than she loves him. How rare is that? How precious is that?

It's indeed a tall order to even find someone that you can fall in love with. How precious it is to marry someone you love?

The wedding reminds me of a quote from a Channel 8 drama serial 《爱的掌门人》in which Jacelyn Tay and Thomas Ong acted in:

有爱的婚礼就是完美的婚礼
A wedding with love is a perfect wedding

The groom made 3 simple and practical promises in the highlights:
1) Not to make up or tell white lies
2) Share housework with her
3) Take her on a trip every year

William can't even fulfil even one of them. Let alone three.

I know this is one marriage that will last. Not a Christian marriage, but a blissful blissful one.

How envious ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

People change.....sometimes due to circumstances.

I have had a close friend who divorced after 8 years and it started out very very sweet and were the envy of a lot of us.

Rain said...

So that makes the moment when the guy treasures the girl even more precious, doesn't it? :)