Sunday 27 February 2011

Photographers and their WAGs

I'm always amazed at how male avid photographers often do not have ravishing beauties as their wife or girlfriend.

I'm saying this because I just went to a link that showcased a travel photographer's girlfriend's portrait, and I thought he was kidding when I saw the first picture. She looked quite ... er ... masculine. The facial features are quite hard I thought.

I was back in Malaysia for the December holiday and I met up with a veteran photographer who happened to be a friend of my aunt. His wife wasn't spectacularly beautiful either - I was speculating on her looks when she was younger based on her current age and look.

I have a colleague whose husband loves to take pictures of scenery. He has a professional camera and lens. However, I wouldn't say my colleague is ravishing either.

I am not saying that their wives and girlfriends are ugly. I guess I always thought photographers would look for great beauties with model-like curves to be their partners since they are particular with details.

I am just being a busybody for this post, but just wondering why the amusing match. I know it's the inner being that counts and so far, the photographers' wives I know are virtuous, gentle and humble. I can't help but have always felt that men are comparatively superficial and so they wouldn't know virtues even when they bite them on the nose, so the best bet for them is beauty. If inner beauty is anything to go by, then these photographers indeed have an eye for beauty.

No comments: