Wednesday 26 January 2011

Great News

I'm delighted despite having a 2h 45 min staff meeting today - my new Boss just declared that we do not have to go back to work during the March hols!

I am especially thrilled because I was lamenting how my option of going anywhere during that little one-week break was crushed because Coco has appointments for her spiro test (for lungs) and asthma clinic on Thursday and Friday respectively. The school had scheduled Monday to be a meeting day, and if that really happens, I would have hateful 2-day intervals throughout ie. Saturday and Sunday free, Tuesday and Wednesday free, then Saturday and Sunday free again. It's impossible to go anywhere with that kinda interval.

I am hoping to take a little break to somewhere, if it really comes true at all. I am toying with Sunway Lagoon + Port Dickson + Penang, Hong Kong and Thailand.

Money is some object though. I've been spending loads and am lusting after an expensive lens. I am not sure where the money should go really. If I buy the lens, I probably won't go anywhere.

Hmm ... who says money can't buy happiness? To a large extent, I do feel that money can buy happiness.

I just realised that there was an unread message in my facebook, and my single-mother colleague had sent me and a few other colleagues her blog address. I read it and in it were struggles with life, largely associated with money.

If not for money, I wouldn't be able to steal a trip down in my sister's car to Geylang Lorong 9 in the evening just to eat my favourite beef kway teow.

If not for money, I wouldn't be able to eat the $6-a-plate kway teow and feel at peace with myself, after satisfying my tastebud.



I've blogged about the kway teow, but never attached a picture, so here it is. Doesn't it look juicy and oh-so-good?

The essence of the kway teow lies in the tender and succulent beef. Imagine a beef-hater turn into beef-lover at the first bite. That's how powerful it was.

But admittedly, the portion has shrunk, compared to when I had it when I was in primary school. I remember the portion as being generous and more than enough. I loved the kway teow so much I wanted to devour it all, but couldn't due to the limited storage space, but now I lick it up within a few mouthfuls. Okay, I am exaggerating. But I don't feel it is enough after I finish it in one fell swooop nowadays. I even tah-poa it home. Fortunately, the filial daughter spirit suddenly came upon me and I remembered I had a starving father who used to love the beef kway teow at home, and I asked my sister to bring it home for him. If not, I would have put on another one or two kilo by the virtue of the kway teow.

No comments: