Tuesday 4 January 2011

A Bag and A Woman

Each year, I would take Coco to Orchard Road to soak in the Christmas atmosphere and took pictures with the Christmas decorations, especially a huge Christmas tree at Takashimaya.

This year, I was late for Christmas at Orchard. When I went there with the kids a few hours ago, the lights were switched off. I was shocked as I had last year's pictures taken on 3rd January. I had assumed that they would not remove the Christmas lightings so soon. But I guess Chinese New Year is coming early this year, so they had to remove the old and put up the new early as well.

I was disappointed - until I walked into Gucci Paragon, and met my new love ie. a classic Gucci tote!

I did not have the intention to buy a bag last night. I just wanted to window shop and see if there were any 'nice bags' for future reference (read: save up to buy).

Sigh! The bag had to give me new hope in life, after the sore disappointment of not being able to take Christmas lightings pictures with the kids. So I had to buy it, at Takashimaya because it went out of stock at Paragon.

I would title the pics below "Two things that make a woman happy":


her beloved daughter
and her bag

An unexpected, incidental buy makes it all the more a delight!

In case I get senile and can't remember the price, or in case anyone is interested, it made me $830 poorer, but happier.

No comments: