Saturday 1 January 2011

Baby's Speaking

Baby is experiencing a growth spurt in her speech.

Many have commented that she is a quiet baby ie. the doctor, the babysitter, the church's nursery caregiver.

However, we have made a conscious effort to speak to her more often.

Recently, she is beginning to string words into sentences eg. ‘弟弟(little brother) 咬 (bit) Yan Yan leg.' As she speaks, she would point to her cheek to indicate that Yan Yan is herself, and point to her calf to show 'leg'. So cute!

I have also been trying to potty-train her this holiday. I remove her diaper when she is at home with me and take her to the potty every hour. I soon realise that she relieves herself many times more within an hour. She often wets her shorts and pants and would say 'she she' after she passes urine. I would tell her, every time as I wipe up her leaks, that it is too late already and that she should have said it before she passes it out.

Today, she said this,"I want she she!"

I took her to the potty and there she went!

Subsequently, she did it a second time!

I am impressed.

I put on a diaper for her when she naps or sleeps at night since she would be too young to control her bladder while sleeping.

A wonderful baby she is!

No comments: