Sunday 26 December 2010

Merry Merry Christmas!

This year, we had more guests than ever in our house.

My relatives from up north came joining us for a Christmas dinner. We had about 27 people in all, including the kids.

The night began with putting the presents under the magic tree ... ...

and some horsing around with the strobes

I thought the red backdrop was just brilliant!

The food from Eatz Catering
Honey roasted chicken mid joints
Cheesy sausages
Scallops Mornay
Tempura prawns
Fried rice
Turkey ham and turkey salami platter
Caesar salad with smoked salmon
Roasted lamb leg
Log cake
Baby is starting to get so seasoned in front of the camera that she's become highly sensitive to it. She is posing in this picture when the focus is on my brother.
I always grab the chance to take a picture with my gals whenever there are people who know how to use a DSLR around.
Baby loves her presents
Posing with their Nerf Guns
The guests:
My brother and his girlfriend
My aunt and my family
My niece
Our family friend
My uncle and cousin

The younger ones amongst us (in the twenties' and thirties' range) thought the food was great.

There wasn't even an awful item on the menu.

However, I ordered for just 14 pax not knowing that so many guests would turn up, so the amount was a little meagre upon first look. The older ones ie. my parents, uncle and aunt did not eat much. They insisted that they were full after eating a little. The friends brought by my sisters and brother did not eat at all. They probably felt too shy to eat. In the end, we had leftovers for almost every item.

Of all the food, Scallops Mornay was the most scrumptious, but the least.

Eatz Catering was prompt in its delivery. I had requested for the food to arrive at 7pm at first, but at the last minute at 2.30pm, I asked for it to be delivered at 6pm to 6.30pm so that one of my sister could eat something before she flew off, and the food came at 6pm. With that, I was utterly impressed.

However, I asked for the food to be increased from 12 to 14 pax, but the invoice stated that it was for 12 pax. The delivery guy called the company and reverted to me that the amount of food was correct but the invoice was wrong. ... I decided not to get upset over it and give them the benefit of doubt since it was Christmas.

Despite their blunder, I will certainly keep Eatz Catering in my list of 'Christmas Dinner Caterers' because of the good food and prompt delivery.

No comments: