Monday 6 December 2010

Let's Celebrate ... My Books are Here

After 4 non-delivery notes, a few exasperated phonecalls and two nasty emails (one to Pan Pacific Bookstore and one to Yamato Transport), I finally got my books! I would pop a champagne if I had one to celebrate this incompetent company for accomplishing a highly challenging mission, almost comparable to Mission Impossible.


The fourth delivery note was found on my gate when we came home from church at 12.30pm. This time round, I did not know whether I should laugh or get angry. I was exasperated at the stupidity of the delivery driver who did not even bother to call me before making the trip down, yet kept coming to my place to slot delivery notes on my gate.

I called the transport company to deliver the books from 9pm to 10pm yesterday as we were out, and the delivery driver arrived at my gate at 7.30pm while I was having dinner!

I had to trouble my babysitter neighbour to look after my books for me till I got home.

Sigh!

It's people like this that gives me hope that perhaps I could pass my driving test, if I ever take driving lessons up, since someone who cannot understand instructions can also be a driver.

No comments: