Monday 27 December 2010

Boxing Day ...

is the day my toed got boxed by my bedroom door.


Incidentally, I had just settled my baby then and was running out of the bedroom to switch off the computer - alright, I wasn't going to switch off the computer exactly. I was about to update my facebook before logging off, before returning to the baby - before she wondered what took me so long to come back to her.

The door was sort of ajar.

As I made my way out, my tiniest toe hit the door edge and Ouch! It took me some time to 'get used' to the pain. All this while, my darling Coco was trying to help.

"Ma, are you okay?"

Then it bled.

You should clean it with a tissue."
"You should sit down, Ma."
"You should hop to a chair like I did when I sprained my ankle."

She helped to shut the computer down, brought me a box of tissues, and lay 5 pieces of tissue papers below my bleeding toe where I slept.

The next morning, the first thing she asked when she woke up was,"How's your foot, Ma?"

She's such a darling. Her being a darling makes me feel guilty for not being as attentive to her when she is in physical distress. What lousy mother!

No comments: