Monday 15 November 2010

He quit

My father turned up at my doorstep last Wednesday to keep Coco company till I returned.

One thing though: Coco was not home.

She had my permission to go over to her friend's place to have a pre-birthday party.

What's a pre-birthday party, you ask.

It's a party to celebrate a birthday that's not here yet, but celebrated because the girls wanted an excuse of some sort to gather for fun!

When I asked my mother what had happened (since my father was supposed to be at work), she said that he had quit.

I inquired further from my father.

He said that he received his pay for the first fifteen days that he had worked, and to his horror, he only received just about half of what was agreed on with his employer.

It turned out that his employer had a co-boss who issued the pay check, and he decided that my father would get that little money for the over ten hours he clocked every day.

My father did his Maths and calculated that he was paid less than $4 per hour!

Indignant, he called it quits, literally.

His friend who recommended him the job, as well as his employee-turned-employer, promised to get to the root of the matter and give him a proper explanation.

Well! The nerve of that co-boss!

No comments: