Wednesday 24 November 2010

Blossoms of her talent

Coco learns floral arrangements in school as part of her Art enrichment lessons.

From August to September, she would bring back a beautiful arrangement of flowers every other week.

This is her first-ever attempt at floral arrangement which her teacher and I were impressed with:
Her second, using, white, pink and red gerberas:

Her third, using carnations:
I love how the leaves are folded together to form a shape

And I love these too! Just when you think you've seen all kinds of flowers under the sun, something new pop up in your eyes. I don't even have a name for these cotton-ball-like flowers. They are so cute and pure. I thought the way one of the stems is stuck through the huge leaf is unusual too.

I am very impressed that Coco seems to enjoy floral arrangement. I first came into contact with such an activity at Secondary 2, and I did not like it. Our Home Economics teacher did not give any instruction on how to do it. I simply plonked the whole bunch of pink carnations on the green sponge which was in the vase, without covering the green sponge using the foliage. Coco, on the other hand, seems to have flair for visual arts. At the very least, she knew the green sponge had to be covered up.

Each time, I'll leave these flower arrangements on the dining table for at least a week before I dispose of them. More than just flowers, I know these are the heartfelt works of my little one.

No comments: