Sunday 7 November 2010

Backdrop system is here

Today, I moved my piano into the supposedly baby's room - it has a cot, complete with a beautiful Fisher and Price Rainforest hanging mobile, and welcomed my two backdrops and Crossbar system to support the backdrops into my living room.

I must admit I feel a little regretful for wilfully moving the piano into the room because the parquet in the room is ruined. There are lots of wheel marks and dents in the wooden strips. I feel so sorry for the state the flooring is in. I had laid rubber sheets and cardboards on the floor, but unfortunately, they could not save the flooring. The 100kg object made its marks all over it.

The crossbar system is wide. Very wide. I had underestimated the length - I thought it would just be nine feet, but I forgot to include the stands which spread out in three prongs each way!

For some reason, I thought all would be well with the backdrop system and my 'best flash in the market' would suffice. I must admit again that I was disappointed with the pictures. I was hoping to see some professional-looking pictures - I certainly have underestimated the power of strobes. In fact, I am so disappointed I don't feel like uploading the pictures. They are not terrible as per se, I guess I had unrealistic expectations. After all, it's not the backdrop system that makes the difference.

I feel sort of ... sad ... (?) that I had sacrificed the parquet flooring to do something that disappointed me.
When I feel better about it, I'll post up the pics.

No comments: