Thursday 21 October 2010

'Bad service' dream

I just woke up from a 'bad service' dream.

I dreamt that I met up with a friend at IMM in Jurong, and we went to a Chinese family restaurant similar to 三盅两件.

Our first order was a glass of barley. The waitress served us the drink (yes, just one - it's a dream) and wanted to collect the money for just the drink. It was $3.20. Yes, my dream is that vivid, and the vividness is not isolated to just this dream.

When I took out $3, the waitress said in a demeaning tone that $3 was not enough to pay for the drink, what with the service charge that was not added in yet, but she refused to tell me what the service charge was.

After that, she continued to be rude - she half-threw, half-slided a dish onto my table.

I got angry and treated her the same way, but sliding my glass of barley across the table. She saw that and did not want to come back to my table to take my order.

A manager came by instead.

He heard me out and appeared to be empathetic.

Then suddenly, he took out a back-scratching device and started to chop up our dishes which were some buns cooked in different styles. I protested, saying that it was unhygienic, but the manager insisted it was not.

I screamed that I did not order those dishes and I would do something drastic if he dared to give me those dishes.

After that, he went to the kitchen to bring us more dishes.

While he was in the kitchen, we stopped a young waitress in her track to give us the bill.

She gave us a figure: $9.90 for a plate of fried rice and barley water.

I requested for a receipt and she panicked, like I was being a customer from hell.

Just then, a blind customer came in through the door.

The young waitress immediately treated her like a VIP ie. helped her change into another pair of shoes, supposedly to aid her in walking, and guiding her to a seat.

As I watched how they treated the visually impaired customer, I wondered if I had been a difficult customer myself ...

Then I woke up. It felt so real.

No comments: