Saturday 25 September 2010

The third visit

I went to visit my English Superior today again because it was sort of on the way - Coco was having her replacement enrichment class on the other side of the MRT station.

The husband was there. He went out so that I could have a private moment with her.

I prayed for her, and talked to her, telling her how much we are all praying for her to recover, and believing that she will recover.

This time, I saw her saliva dripping on the paper towel tugged beneath her neck. She jerked a little, involuntarily, from time to time. But I felt that she was making good progress. I just felt that she would get better really soon.

I must have stayed with her for at least 20 minutes. Just as I told my Superior that I had to pick up my kid and was about to leave, a nurse came in and I turned to see that four other colleagues were waiting outside the room. They must have seen me talking to her.

I felt embarrassed for having monopolised her for so long while they waited.

No comments: