Thursday 23 September 2010

The Second Visit

I visited my English Superior on Tuesday, a few minutes before the visiting hour was up.

To my pleasant surprise, she looked so much better than when I first visited her.

Her bruise on the eye was gone. Her lips were normal. She was in a deep sleep, 'resting', the doctor said.

She looked like any other normal person sleeping, at night, minus the tubes in her mouth and nose.

She had a piece of paper towel under her right chin, but she was not dripping any saliva.

I went there, all powered up to say a prayer for her. But when I saw her, I lost the courage to pray for a moment. I was afraid that she was actually conscious but was sleeping. I didn't want her to hear me praying and wake up to tell me that it was not appropriate for me to say a Christian prayer for her. I was worried that I might wake her up from her rest. She needs all the rest that she can get now. I also didn't want her to see me at her bedside, to be in the knowledge that she was in such a state now.

Then I decided to walk to her bedside, and prayed for healing and recovery to come.

After the prayer, I looked at her. She appeared to be in a peaceful sleep. Occasionally, she stirred, like any other normal human beings.

I thought it a positive sign that she was looking so normal now. I heard from a colleague that she had 4 operations to date. The poor girl!

For the perfectionist and strong girl that she always has been, I almost could imagine her getting down the bed and walking normally after she woke up from her deep sleep.

I hope that happens soon. For some reason, I feel that she will recover well, and faster than an average person would. Perhaps it's her strong character when she was well and about. God, let it happen, soon!

No comments: