Monday 13 September 2010

Again

Coco was at the coffee table with me sometime this week, and she spoke,"Mummy, I would like to learn ballet."

I was surprised.

I reminded her that she had been in and out of ballet several times. The last time she quit it, she was very determined. I actually told her,"If you want to give up ballet, I am going to withdraw you from all the courses. No more Science camps, no more piano lessons." I wanted to know the extent of her hatred for ballet.

She went away to her room for a while and came to me who was busy in the kitchen,"Mummy, I have decided: I really don't want to go for ballet anymore. And I will not go for anymore courses."

I was very surprised at the extent she would go to stop going for ballet classes.

I figured it wouldn't do her any good if I continued to force her to learn it, so I allowed her drop it.

Now she tells me she wants to do ballet again.

However, she still does not want to go back to the 'strict' teacher. She wants to go back to the CC where she had little or nil progress. I told her she might as well not learn ballet again if she wants that school because it does her very little good.

I definitely welcome the idea of restarting her on ballet. I will talk to her about it again and see where it leads us.

No comments: