Thursday 8 July 2010

My Heart Dies

Scenario 1

I forgot to clear the browser and he got to read my post about his debt of $60, 000.

He ranted at me the next day, at 5.30am, and claimed that my father accused him anyhow.

He said he 'only' owed $17,000.

A couple of days later, I told my father about what he said.

My father was shocked. He explained that the chairman of the cooperative told him personally that it was 'sixty thousand', and he thought he meant 'sixteen thousand'. The amount was only confirmed when Coco saw the document. Apparently, the man showed Coco the amount, on paper.

Scenario 2

The day before yesterday, as I was searching for my passport and IC, I realised that the Singapore dollars in the kids' CNY red packets had been cleaned out. Only the Malaysian ringgits were left.

I hadn't got the time to go down to the banks to bank in the kids' Chinese New Year money collection and had left them in an unlocked drawer.

I felt that he would never touch my money, or the kids' money for that matter, because I would never touch my kids money, desperate as I am.

He admitted to cleaning out the Singapore currency.

Of course, he gave justifications:
1) he needed to pay the exorbitant electrical bill of $800 (which he hadn't been paying for months),
2) he needed 'small change' when I was on the HK trip.

I don't believe one bit of what he said, because if he meant to 'borrow', as what he said, he would have told me, or asked me for permission to use the money.

He had intended to get away with it if I never found out.

Scenario 3

I found a pawn ticket when I was tidying things. On it stated a 'gold bracelet' as the item pawned, his name (the pawner) and my name and address (as the guarantor!).

I went to the secret compartment where I hid the dowry my mother gave me for my wedding.

Yes, the gold necklace was gone. It was a full gold, brand new necklace I never even put around my necklace because it was so delicate and pretty.

He had taken the trouble to dig it out to pawn it, just last week.

And he'd stolen my IC so that he could put me down as a guarantor - he never intended to pay the interest for the item or redeem it. He wants me to redeem it when he defaults on the payment (which he naturally will) and the pawnshop calls me up.

I confronted him over the phone.

He said,"What are you talking about? I never did such a thing! You're always falsely accusing me!"

The fact that he put me down as the 'guarantor' tells me one more thing: he stole my IC. He actually saw how I looked for my IC frantically, and knew if I lost my IC the second time, I would have to pay ICA $300 for a replacement. But he feigned ignorance about the location of my IC.

My father found it on Coco's bookshelf, just above my eye level.

There's nothing that can, or should hold me back anymore. There's no more chance for me to give, because he doesn't need any.

If there's any idiot who thinks that I should not divorce him or it's my fault that William is so low down and despicable in his quest for money, he (of course it must be a male) should just go to hell, with William.

2 comments:

Soccer Mage said...

I would not say I am a perfect husband. But i think u should buy a new cabinet and lock up everything. Better, to split room and lock up your room.

Rain said...

Hmm ... a soccer-betting husband too?

I find that having to guard against your own family is tedious and silly. I think all is lost if trust is not there.